The “Senior Scholar” scholarship, presented by 65Medicare.org, is a scholarship program designed for a student, 50+ years old, returning to school to complete their degree or starting a new course of study. Read more about it below.
65Medicare.org is committed to serving older Americans, through assisting them with understanding Medicare and securing their financial futures with appropriate Medigap insurance coverage. The demographic we work with mirrors our focus for philanthropic involvement.
This scholarship was created with the ultimate goal of assisting an adult either returning to school or pursuing a new career trajectory to reach their educational goals. And, it gives us a chance to partner with them and give back.
Scholarship Amount: $1,000
Scholarship Application Deadline: August 15, 2018
Scholarship Application Requirements:
The awarding of this scholarship is based on the applicant’s completed application, their background and educational goals, and letters of recommendation submitted with their application.
A list of requirements is below:
- Applicants must be a U.S. Citizen and age 50 or older
- Currently enrolled in a junior college, undergraduate program or a graduate program at an accredited public or private school, including community colleges or universities within the continental U.S.
- Completed Application (View/print application here)
- One letter of Recommendation from a professor you’ve had in the last 2 years, or the Facilitator of a verifiable community service or non-profit organization
- Applicant should include a letter which describes their educational background and current career/educational goals, as well as explaining how the awarding of this scholarship will help them to reach those goals
- Completed application, letter from applicant, and one letter of recommendation must be mailed to us at: Attn: 65Medicare.org, Senior Scholar Scholarship, PO Box 555, Clemmons, NC 27012
Applicant must not be related to any employee of 65Medicare.org or affiliated companies
Scholarship funds are paid directly to the institution and are used for tuition, fees or books
If you have questions, email us at email@example.com and reference “Scholarship” in your subject.
Winner will be notified by August 25, 2018.